Steps to making a beautiful soy wax candle:
- Melt your soy wax to around 85℃ using one of the below methods
- Place into a microwave safe vented container, and heat in short bursts (around 30 secs each) until it has melted and is clear. Be sure to stir in between each 30 second burst.
- Heat over a low – medium heat on a stove (double boiler is best to avoid burning). Stir continually until wax has melted and is clear. ** Never leave a pot of wax unattended on the stovetop
- If you are using colour, now is the time to add. You will need to experiment on the qty used to get the desired colour in the finished product.
NB: If you ever see little specks of solid color in the bottom of your candles try adding the color chips at a slightly higher temperature.
- Remove from heat source.
- Add fragrance at a rate of approx 8% ie for every 100g of wax, add 8g of fragrance.
Grab yourself a cheap set of digital kitchen scales, and it will make your life a whole lot easier.
- Stir in fragrance and leave to sit while you prepare your jar.
Don’t take too long, now is not the time to make a cuppa.
- Place a Stickum onto your wick and center the wick in your jar.
- Once the wax has cooled to around 75℃ carefully pour the wax into your candle jar.
- Place the wick bar with the center peak facing up on top of your jar, pull the wick taut and press into the opening of the wick bar. This will keep your wick centered while the candle cools
- For best results, let the candles cool at room temperature overnight.
Grab yourself a pair of our wick trimmers, and you will have a perfect trimmed wick every time.
- Light and enjoy.